Do You Need a Divorce Attorney?
At our law offices and mediation center, we know that, even when providing some services for yourself, it is wise to consult with an attorney to advise you about how various aspects of the law may impact your particular family and circumstances. This knowledge will help you work within certain realistic parameters in developing options that will satisfy the interests of you, your spouse, and your children.
Client-centered Legal Services
We provide information. You make the decisions.
Contact: NH Divorce & Mediation Centers in Concord 603-224-8008 & Piermont 603-272-9500, NH---------Also providing services for our Vermont clients or E-Mail.
We can guide you through your divorce, advising you about your choices and options. Some of the things you will want to discuss with your attorney are:
- Should our assets be divided 50/50 or should one of us get more?
- Who is responsible for the credit cards? Does it matter whose name they are in?
- How can we divide the house and who gets to live there until we do?
- What about family gifts or inheritances to one of us?
- How do we divide the business?
- How do we divide stock options?
- How do we divide a pension that is difficult to value but will provide a stream of income in the future?
- Who gets what tax deductions?
- Should we have life insurance?
- Is alimony (spousal support) appropriate and if so, how much?
- Does the reason for the divorce have any bearing on the final decree?
- What if one of us had money when we got married and the other one didn’t?
- Can the children live with both parents? How does that work?
- How is child support determined? Does the parenting schedule have an impact on the amount of child support?
- What if one parent wants to move away with the kids?
- What parts of the divorce can you handle yourself using state forms and unbundled legal services ?
After discussing these issues with your divorce lawyer, you will be able to make informed decisions in reaching an agreement with your spouse. If you go to a mediator to assist you in reaching an agreement, your attorney will coach you along the way and review the agreement with you.
The Law Firm which was founded by Ora Schwartzberg in 1985 offers services to help you through a divorce or other family law crisis. Why do you need a lawyer? We will explain the law and various options to you so that you can make informed decisions that will affect you and your family for years to come. Contact us and let us know how we can help.